Changing Numbers in Numbered Lists in text boxes in RISE

May 01, 2020

Hi ... I know it is possible to change the numbers in a numbered list block.  However, is there a way to do that when you are inserting a numbered list in a text block?  (For instance, when adding a numbered list into an accordion interaction.)  

I have a lot of numbered steps in the courses I write.  But I use a lot of screenshots as well.  I'd like to start a numbered list, add a screenshot image, and then continue the numbering...not going back to number one.

Again ... I know this is possible with numbered list blocks...but how about numbered lists in text blocks?

Thanks...as always!

19 Replies
Jenna Hood

Hi, Lea. I'm including an example of this Rise limitation. When using a numbered list in a regular text block, we cannot continue numbering.

In this included image, I have Step 1, followed by a code snippet. I want the next Step after the image to be Step 2 but I have no option to continue numbering, as the regular text boxes always start over with 1.

Note: I know that we can manipulate the starting number with the Numbered List text block but I cannot use that because it doesn't support sub-bullets.

Cannot continue numbering in text box numbered lists.