Chrome Issues

Jul 08, 2021

Hi,

I am running into the same Chrome I had last year. None of my courses will launch in Chrome. They launch fine in Edge, but I just get the white screen of death in Chrome. 

So last year or the year before, Chrome had an update that discontinued communication between two open windows. I searched all over the internet and found a potential solution here. The solution was simply to add an exit link to the course. It would be at that point when the user clicked the link the course data would flow to the LMS. And it worked. We no longer had this problem. 

But now the issue has returned despite having this exit link. Everyone is telling me it is because my courses rely on Flash, but according to this website, articulate 360 courses don't rely on Flash, so how could it be a Flash issue. On the other hand, I didn't have this issue prior to the discontinuation of Flash. 

I have attempted to export the same course in different formats (SCORM 1.2, 2004, cmi5, AICC) and have the same experience. I uploaded them to SCORM Cloud and although no "issues" were identified, they didn't work in SCORM cloud either. I still got the white screen of death. It was like it SCORM Cloud didn't even recognize the course. It couldn't register any information or acknowledge the course was open. 

There were pop-up block notifications or issues. I ensured that everything was turned off multiple times. I cleaned out all of my cookies, history, and restarted my computer.  

I personally would be fine using Edge, but my company only wants to use Chrome. I have attached the course and a video of the results. 

Any help is much appreciated!

1 Reply
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Laurie! I tested your SCORM file in SCORM Cloud and the course is working for me. My Chrome Browser version is Version 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (64-bit).

course

Can you go into Incognito mode in Chrome (Ctrl-Shift-N) and then try to launch the file again from SCORM Cloud? Please let me know if you're still getting a white screen.