Closed captions/Subtitles for Accessibility

Nov 13, 2022

Kia ora, I work for a health and disability organisation. My role is vast but one of my areas is developing e-learning contact on Rise 360 within short timeframes. The material must be as accessible as possible. I have limited time to build my instructional design capabilities, so I apologise if this is revisiting past posts. 

I am importing instructional media clips, which I need to include screen recording alongside my face, into Rise 360. The target audience is broad but I need to take into account low digital and other literacy, dyslexia and deaf learners. There are a variety of tools I have at my disposal including Articulate Replay, Storyline and Presenter etc. Within any of these is it possible to have closed captions automatically added without typing these in? If so how? Is these need to be typed in what tool is best to use and under what format do they need to be exported and imported into Rise. I'm not a fan of Storyline at the moment as I find it is not as intuitive as the other tools when I have limited time. Any direction appreciated.

1 Reply
Angelo Cruz

Hi Karen! Rise 360 supports VTT files generated by third-party captioning services, such as YouTube, Amara, and 3PlayMedia.

If you are in a hurry, you could try uploading your video to YouTube and use their Automatic Captioning Feature. See this article to learn more about adding closed captions to your videos in Rise 360.

I hope this helps!