Collaborator rights

Aug 14, 2018

Hi all!

So my team has pointed out to me that, let's say I fall off the earth tomorrow, how can my collaborators gain full access to the course to be able to publish or make dire changes? Right now the collaboration rights are very basic; just to edit content. The course owner is the only one who can publish, preview and export.

Any option to give more rights to certain users to prevent this type of mishap?

I'm sure this happens more than a few times a year to most people so I can see it being very valuable.

Pinned Reply
Eric Santos

Hi everyone!

We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request, and we can't wait for you to finally check it out! 

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look slightly different but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or a support case.

41 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Rik,

Happy to chime in! 

You can only invite someone who is a current seat holder in an Articulate 360 Teams subscription as a collaborator. If they do not have an active subscription, or only have an individual subscription, then you cannot add them as a collaborator to your course. More details here: 

Hope this helps!

Rik Barnes

You've been a big help. I have run into an issue with images in Rise 360. I know how to import my own image (by replacing a Rise 360 image) but I haven't found out how to resize it - or resize the original image from Rise 360's library.

I can resize an image from my personal library, of course, but when I replace the image from the Rise 360 library with it, it assumes the size of the Rise 360 image.

There must be a way to resize images ... yes?!

Rik

Mata Henry

Ah okay, you cant edit them in Rise. I use Photoshop for image editing. Theres a few good freebies out there such as GIMP or MyPaint, Adobe Express, inkscape - that wont need a PHD to learn how to use, or you can get a reasonabily cheap paid app to ones like Adobe Express (more functions), pixlr, canva. Computers usually come with a basic editor - check to see if theres already one shipped on yours.

Mata Henry

The blocks in Rise have minimum width and heights. It takes your image and uses its longest edge to place the image in the block space adn then the rest is resized to fit. Rise is uses a responsive framework that resizes to the users screen, so you're not always going to get the most absolute perfect fit:

• For the full width images, I use an image size of around 1920 pixels wide by 600 pixels high. So its basically a wide slim rectangle.
  • For square images (text + image) I use something around 600 pixels wide by 400 pixels high - but only if the text next to it is around that same size. If the text is long, then I make the height of the image longer.

Rik Barnes

You're so helpful, Mata, I hope I'm not taking too advantage of you!

I say that as preface to another question: I'm linking to a SharePoint site so the user can download email templates. When I direct the link in Rise to the appropriate site, the name displayed on the link is confusing to the user. Mind you, the link works, in that it downloads the appropriate file. But is there a way I can customize, or hide, this kind of name:

[A screenshot of a computer Description automatically generated]
Thanks, again!

Rik

Rik Barnes

You're so helpful, Jose, I hope I'm not taking too advantage of you!

I say that as preface to another question: I'm linking to a SharePoint site so the user can download email templates. When I direct the link in Rise to the appropriate site, the name displayed on the link is confusing to the user. Mind you, the link works, in that it downloads the appropriate file. But is there a way I can customize, or hide, this kind of name:

[A screenshot of a computer Description automatically generated]
Thanks, again!

Rik

Eric Santos

Hello Rik,

I'm happy to chime in. Collaborators don't have to be on the same team; they just need to have an Articulate 360 Teams subscription. If you wish to add her to your subscription to collaborate with her, you can buy more seats and invite her to that user seat.

Please let me know if you have other questions!