Completion issues with Rise courses

Jul 09, 2018

We have multiple learners across different instances experiencing the same issue:

A learner will work through their course and sees the sections checking off. Once they exit the course they are not seeing completion in Learndash. If the learner re-enters their course progress is saved and the sections are still checked off.

It seems the completion statement is sending but leaving the learner in this specific state.

The issue is not affecting all of our users and I unable to find a commonality between the users that are experiencing the issue.

The LMS we are using is Learndash.

We are exporting our courses as Tincan packages.

78 Replies
Paula Fluckiger

This intermittent issue is really a problem for us too. We use SuccessFactors as well. We all use Chrome as our browser; from corporate to all stores using the training system. A huge percentage of people are completing the course in question without an issue but then there are employee's here and there that can't seem to get it to complete no matter how many times they attempt it. I have checked all settings and they are set to count the number of pages viewed. I see no issues that would be causing some to get it done quickly and others to not be able to complete it without manual intervention. 

This is so frustrating to us that we're about to stop using Rise and stay within Storyline since it didn't exhibit this issue when we were using it exclusively. 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Taylor!

Some LMS's won't receive completion data or resume properly unless you include an Exit Course link inside your Rise 360 course. Crystal shared more detail about that in her post here.

Do your courses include an Exit Course link or button? If not, there are two ways you can add it:

1. Add a button block, and set the button destination to "Exit Course."
  2. Publish the course for LMS, and on the publishing screen, toggle the "Exit Course" link to ON. 

Please try that and let me know if you see an improvement!

Taylor Helliwell

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for your response! We have already included an exit course button. And so there are two ways to exit the course:

1. In the top right hand corner

2. Via the exit the module button

See images attached.

What is strange is that not everyone is facing this issue, only some people are encountering this.

Michelle Smith

I am having a similar, possible same issue with 100% completion within our LMS Docebo.  Some learners are finishing the course and it shows as complete in Rise but the record is not transferring to the LMS.   

• I am exporting it as a SCORM 1.2,
  • Track using course completion  - Set to 100%
  • Exit course Link - off

The quiz settings are:

• Passing score is 100%
  • Require Passing score to continue - On
  • Include in lesson count - On

In one case, a user using IE (not sure of version) was shadowed by us, and we saw her complete the course, however the course still shows as in progress in the LMS even though the RISE course gives the 100% score.  In other cases users are reporting that they have used Chrome...

Any suggestions?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Michelle! 

Just as I recommended to Taylor, I would suggest that you turn the Exit Course link On for your course. 

Some LMS's won't receive completion data or resume properly unless you include an Exit Course link inside your Rise 360 course. Crystal shared more detail about that in her post here.

Please give that a try, and let me know if that resolves the issue! 

Lea Agato

Hi Matthew, are you getting the same results when you upload your course in SCORM Cloud? This article has troubleshooting steps to help you. If you get the same results in SCORM Cloud, please open a support case here, and one of our customer support engineers will reach out to you directly to troubleshoot this issue!

Lea Agato

Hi! Thanks for sharing those details!

When you export your course, do you set the Exit Course link option to On? If so, does the problem persist even if the user exits the course by using the Exit Course link ?

Also, does the problem happen when the course is viewed using other browsers?

Thanks! Let me know how it goes!