Completion problems on LMS

Jun 21, 2022

Hello Articulate community!

I am an implementation consultant for an LMS and many of our clients are using Rise 360 as a SCORM authoring tool.

In most cases, everything goes smoothly, but we do have problems with many users, who cannot complete their courses. In some occasions, the status does not seem to be pushed to our LMS, in other instances, the user completes the course, but when he goes back into it, his completion was not saved.

We do not have error logs on our servers, and when I do it with Chrome or Edge, it is (of course...!) working.

Since it is delicate to ask technical information to the users of our clients, and even if we do, we generally do not get an answer, I thought here could be a good place to ask.

Question : are there known issues and fixes regarding this?  I can privately send course sample for test (cannot give a public access to these files for ownership reason)

Thank you so much!

1 Reply
Karl Muller

Hi Miro,

In our LMS we launch our Rise courses in a new window.

We found that the only time the LMS would record any student data, is when we enabled the Exit Course Link on the Export page.

Using the Exit Course Link first sends the student data to the LMS and then closes the window.

We had to educate our students never to close the window that contained the Rise course, but to always use the Exit Course Link.