Rise course not marked as completed on LMS

Aug 27, 2020

Hi,

We recently launched a Rise course (with an Articulate Storyline quiz as the final assessment for completion tracking), the course is hosted on our LMS. 

So far we have a lot of users reported that the course is not marked as complete even they passed the quiz. We added an " EXIT COURSE" link and ask them to use it to exit the course, but still, some reported that did not do the trick. This also happens very inconsistently, at least never for me whenever I tested it. 

We are all using the latest version of Google Chrome and our LMS vendor could not find anything wrong with their testing. 

Has anyone else come across the same problem?

Thank you!

9 Replies
Euan Hill

Hey Anya,

I might need a little more detail to help further, but I guess my first question is do you have a Mark as complete/passed trigger within the storyline block?

If you don't, I believe - from memory - having this trigger within the Storyline block will push a complete/passed indication to the Rise block. The course may be believe that particular block hasn't been completed without it - you might be able to spot this in the sidebar if this is the case.

All the best,

Euan.

Anya Dai

Thank you Euan. May I know about that trigger in more detail please?

Currently we publish the storyline file to Review 360 and track quiz results. Then export the Rise course onto the LMS tracking using storyline block.

I know the complete/pass tracking is available when publishing the Storyline file onto LMS directly. But we can only publish it to Review 360 to be added to Rise as a storyline block. Does that mean I need to add this tracking trigger to the storyline file?

Thank you.

Euan Hill
Anya Dai

Currently we publish the storyline file to Review 360 and track quiz results. Then export the Rise course onto the LMS tracking using storyline block.

I know the complete/pass tracking is available when publishing the Storyline file onto LMS directly. But we can only publish it to Review 360 to be added to Rise as a storyline block. Does that mean I need to add this tracking trigger to the storyline file?

Hi Anya!

Everything looks correct from what you're saying here, so I'm not 100% certain why it isn't working. Apologies if it comes across that I'm asking an obvious question, but do you have a Submit Results trigger on the Success layer of your Results Slide?

Henrik - you'll find that option within the Export Course menu. When you select Export to LMS it becomes one of the options you can select.

Anya Dai

Actually, we do not have that trigger on the Success layer. We only have it on the base layer of the Result slide. This could make a difference. Also, may I know if you are launching the Rise course in a new page on the LMS or not? Currently, our LMS automatically opens all SCORM packages on a new page. Would this also affect the communication between the LMS and the course? Thank you!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.