Course Completion Triggered Too Early

Sep 10, 2020

I'm a new LMS administrator, using Learndash with the help of a third party. I have a Rise course that is marking users as complete before they finish their final quiz. I have the export settings as follows:

Export Type: LMS

LMS: xAPI(tin can)

Tracking using quiz result 

Exit Course Link is turned on. 

I have a certificate set up in Learndash that is emailed to the user when they complete, but it seems that it is being sent and the course is being marked complete before the test is completed. I'm also not able to view the user's test score in Learndash, and we are requiring a passing score (which is also set up within the test, but doesn't seem to matter as I've tested with a score below the requirement and it was still marked as complete). The company that is assisting with building and maintaining our Learndash site doesn't seem to be able to find the issue so I'm hoping perhaps someone here might have some insight. Apologies if more information is needed - still learning!

2 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Kylee! Thanks for sharing the details of what you've tried so far. 

A great way to answer that question, "Is it my output, or is it the LMS?" is to test with SCORM Cloud. If it works properly on SCORM Cloud, it's a good indication that the issue is in the LMS.

We're happy to help you! Click here to privately share your output files, and we can tell you what we think. We delete everything when we're done troubleshooting.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.