Link 'Mark Complete' button in rise file back to course page but log the lesson as complete

Apr 12, 2022

Hi there, I have a Xapi Rise 360 file where in the export I have a button which says 'I'm finished' with it set to 'exit LMS only'. I would like when a user clicks this button to trigger it marking that lesson as complete on our course site which is built with learndash, however it doesn't seem to be doing so...any advice. My company are also using uncanny owl for reporting and it additional pro tool kit if that affecting this also :)

Many thanks 

Samantha

8 Replies
Knowadays Learning

Hi Crystal :) many thanks for the reply. The button would be at the end of the ver last lesson at the very end. We been trying the 'exit course' link to see if that would also send progress information to mark as complete when a user viewed all the rise file but it hasn't had much luck so. Any advice would be great :)

Lea Agato

Hi Joanna! Are you getting the same results when you test your course in SCORM Cloud?

The best way to identify an LMS issue is to compare how your published output behaves in an industry-standard testing engine. If your content works properly at SCORM Cloud but not in your LMS, please open a support case with your LMS provider. They’ll know how best to help with LMS-specific problems.  

If you continue to see this with your course in SCORM Cloud, would you mind sharing the export settings used when your course was published? It would also help if you can advise what LMS you're using to host your courses. Thanks!

Knowadays Learning

Hi Lea :) 

I'm still quite new to all this so I'm wondering where and what SCORM Cloud is and would it be another solution i have to pay for? 

The LMS we are using is Learn-dash and have Uncanny plugins for reporting aspects, I also attached the export settings I been using so far many thanks :)

Hazel Bartolome

Hi Joanna!

SCORM Cloud is an industry-standard testing engine that's free and supports AICC, SCORM, Tin Can API (xAPI), and cmi5 content.

This video tutorial demonstrates how to use SCORM Cloud with Articulate content.

You'll also find some helpful LMS-troubleshooting tips here.

If your course works properly in SCORM Cloud but not in your LMS, kindly share your SCORM Cloud findings with your LMS provider to troubleshoot the issue. 

Mike Hobby

i am having a similar issue with Rise output. I have used 4 different LMS's over the past 5 years and none of them work well with rise content. i checked it on scorm cloud and the manifest came back with a status of complete, but it won't update the status in my LMS. 

the Scorm files i produce in Storyline work fine but not the Rise files. any tips would be great. I am publishing in 1.2 complete/incomplete with 100% completed as my trigger. it shows 100% complete in the navigation area but when i closed the window the lms doesn't get updated.

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Mike. Last week, we released a fix for courses that were inconsistently reporting success and completion status to the LMS for SCORM output.

Can you please confirm if this issue is still happening after republishing your courses? If it is, we'd love to work with you 1-on-1. You can reach us by clicking here.