Rise module not tracking correctly in Oracle LMS

Jun 29, 2020

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with Rise modules not tracking progress correctly when using an Oracle LMS. 

Our Rise modules are not tracking progress at all unless we include the Exit course option and the learner first clicks on that before using the home icon in the LMS. This means that not only are they not marked as complete but they are taken to the start of the module each time they resume.

I am publishing it for SCORM 1.2 and referencing the right file (as per other discussions) which is indexAPI.html in the scormdriver folder. 

I don's understand why it does not write back or track the learners progress if the Exit course button is optional. 

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Leanne

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Leanne,

Thanks for sharing the details of the issue you're seeing in Oracle LMS. Have you seen this problem happen when testing in Google Chrome?

Chrome has deprecated a technology that was used by many LMSs to allow a course to communicate back to the LMS when the course browser window is closed (not using the Exit Course button). We made an update to Rise 360 in February to account for this change in Chrome. 

Your LMS may also need to upgrade their system to account for this change. If your LMS hasn't upgraded their system, or if you're using an older version of your LMS that doesn't include an update to address this change, the course cannot communicate progress or completion properly.

This causes learners to start over from the beginning instead of resuming a course or recording completion after they close the browser window.

Please reach out to your LMS and find out if they have released an update to address the Chrome changes.

Mathew Young

We're having a very similar issue with our SCORM 2004/v3 and v4 courses in Oracle OLC. When we use the LMS Save & Close button to close out the course, it marks the course complete, even when only the first slide of the course has been viewed. If the course exit button is used before clicking Save & Close in the LMS course window, then progress is saved and a premature completion is not granted. Camden Learning - did you have this same kind of issue? If so, any resolution?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Tiffany! 

Thanks for sharing your experience in Oracle OLC. It sounds like Oracle may need to update their system to account for the recent change in Chrome.

Chrome has deprecated a technology that was used by many LMSs to allow a course to communicate back to the LMS when the course browser window is closed (not using the Exit Course button). We made an update to Rise 360 in February to account for this change in Chrome. 

If your LMS hasn't upgraded their system, or if you're using an older version of your LMS that doesn't include an update to address this change, the course cannot communicate progress or completion properly.

I would share this information with your LMS support team to see if you can get more information on their plans for updating!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.