Completion Status of Rise SCORM 2004 3rd Edition file in Relayware

Apr 27, 2018

Hello,

When loading a Rise file set to track completion at 60% into Relayware/Zift Solutions content management system, it registers course status as in progress, but not completion.  I loaded the file to the SCORM cloud and tested and completion status is registering there.  Relayware customer service is telling me his SCORM diagnostics see no data being sent.  Any suggestions?  

Thanks,

Jen

P.S. I can share the file privately, if needed.

8 Replies
Justin Grenier

Hi, Jennifer!

If you can enable LMS Debug Mode in your Rise course, the course will generate a log that describes all communication between the course and the Learning Management System.  Once you've completed the course, upload a copy of the LMS Debug Log to this forum thread and we'll help you diagnose what's happening!

Gabby Barrera

I'm attempting to follow those instructions, but I'm unclear what it means by "Don't zip the folder that contains your course, just the course files."  I zipped the whole folder and loaded that, but  it produced and error that said there was no manifest.  However, when I try to zip the folder of  files inside the top folder, presumably the course file, it produces the attached error.

Justin Grenier

That's exactly what we needed, Jennifer.  Thank you!

Here's what I can see:

• On Line 473 (at 10:13 AM today), the course told the LMS that the learner achieved completion.
  • On Line 550 (about 2 seconds later), the course asked the LMS to confirm the learner's completion status, and the LMS said that SuccessStatus=passed and CompletionStatus=completed.

I would recommend sharing your LMS Debug Log with Relayware customer service and pointing out Lines 473 and 550 in the log.  That team should be able to figure out why their system registers course status as in progress, but not completion.

Please let us know if you need anything else, and have a great day!

Gabby Barrera

Hello,

I am still working with Zift Solutions to troubleshoot why the rise course it not reporting completion.  Does it makes sense that they found an error with the SCORM file?  I did not modify the SCORM  file that I exported from Rise.  They gave me these steps to fix, but I can't seem to find they file they're referring to.

To fix the Courseware access the following file:
main.bundle.js

Remove this fragment:
"this.secure=e.secure,"

This section is within a function call to secure the file that causes the error. Can you work with whom made the SCORM file to correct this issue.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Jen

Justin Grenier

Hi again, Jen.

While it's possible that there is room for improvement within our main.bundle.js file, it seems odd that (1) this works fine in SCORM Cloud and (2) your LMS is confirming that SuccessStatus=passed and CompletionStatus=completed (but not recording that information).

I have submitted a Support Case on your behalf so that we can take a closer look at the problem.  From there, we'll ask you to privately share credentials for your LMS so that we can test this out a bit further.

Thanks!

Gabby Barrera

Hi! 

I wanted to circle back on this issue. The provider was able to help me to get the rise courses to report completion status by amending the js function in the indexAPI.html as follows in bold:

/*start code snippet in indexAPI.html */

function LoadContent() {

//check for bookmark

var bookmark = GetBookmark();

if (bookmark != "" && bookmark !=0) {

//if there is a bookmark, then go to that page

window.scormdriver_content.document.location.href = "../scormcontent/"+ bookmark;

} else {

//if not, go to the start page

window.scormdriver_content.document.location.href = strContentLocation;

}

}

/*end code snippet in indexAPI.html */

That seems to be working,

Jen

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.