Connection Rise - Moodle

Oct 12, 2021

Hello everyone,

Our students - who are health care professionals- have been experiencing some problems with going back and forth between Articulate Rise and Moodle. Meaning: they enter the course in Moodle and then they follow several modules that are developed in Rise.

When they finished a module in Rise, many have trouble to find their way back to Moodle. They either don't understand to click on the red cross to shut the pop-up screen, or they do not see how to 'return to the course' when Rise loads in-screen. We receive a lot of emails with people being lost, and we are afraid that it might lead to higher drop-out rates.

Anyone has a suggestion what to do?

In our pop-up screen we have added the text at the end of the Rise module 'click on the red cross in the left corner to return to the course'. But students don't seem to understand, or don't read it well.

I added screenshots - in Dutch.

3 Replies
ADA Egret

Hello there,

While I'm afraid I can't offer a solution that will work 100%, I did run into a situation like this a few years ago while creating and distributing course content to my students in our LMS. I'd love to share with you what we did, and our results. I hope that this may be useful for you!

A lot of our students would express confusion over how to both navigate to the course, and away from the course. After investigating the issue it appeared that the students themselves were mostly confused around how to use the LMS, or even what an LMS is.

To help fix the problem we made a number of adjustments to the LMS to streamline it and hide options/UI elements that weren't relevant to the students. The other thing we did was create a quick and easy "cheat-sheet" on how to use the LMS to access and browse the courses, while also describing the LMS as a sort of "online course library" to help teach about the system.

Once students were made aware how to use the system, and what the system was doing, we started to notice a sharp decrease in the kind of issues and problems that you're reporting. Once we put training materials in place in our new hire classes for how to use the LMS we also noticed that new-hire issues sharply decreased as well.

It might not be possible to customize your Moodle instance to the degree you want, but even starting with training on how to use the system from a student perspective was helpful in our situation.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any other questions for me! I'm always happy to discuss training management, instructional design, and LMS technology. :)