Continue button must be clicked in LMS to be marked complete

Jan 08, 2021

Hi all - I'm new to Rise, but couldn't find any information on this and would love some help! 

When we upload the SCORM 1.2 file to our LMS (SABA), we're finding that the course won't mark complete unless the end-user clicks the "continue" button for each section instead of navigating using the menu on the side. Does anyone have any experience with this and know if there's a way to fix this?

Thanks!

4 Replies
Renz Sevilla

Hi Lexie! Thanks for reaching out! 

I understand you're having some trouble with SCORM 1.2 when using SABA.  Saba uses cmi.core.exit differently than most other LMSs, which can prevent content from registering completion.

Please follow the steps here in this article, and follow the steps on how to implement the custom SCORM driver for Saba we created for Rise 360. 

Hope that helps! If you still have issues, please let us know and we can assist you further by opening up a support case here

JP Lacombe

Hi Lexie. We're using Saba Cloud and I have experienced similar issues. I use the following export settings, which I have found to work for most all users: 

Track using quiz result: (we use 100% as passing score)

Reporting: Passed/Incomplete

Exit Course Link: ON

This is the most important setting. When a learner uses the Exit Course link to close the course,  that action "forces" the course and Saba to execute the SCORM exit commands necessary for Saba to properly record tracking and user Progress/completion information.  

The catch is... The learner MUST use the the Exit Course link to exit the course. If the user closes the Saba player window, or closes the browser window to exit the course, (rather than the Exit Course link), SCORM tracking/progress completion commands may not properly execute before the data connection between the course and Saba is broken.

Also, to add insult to injury... I have found that if a learner "takes an extended break" from reviewing the course, without actually exiting the course, at some point the connection between the course and Saba times out. This is understandable, however, the player window may not close, so the learner can continue reviewing the course without knowing the connection has timed out. 

When the learner decides to exit the course, since the course and the LMS are no longer communicating, tracking and progress completion information does not get recorded in Saba.  

Hope this helps!