Correct procedure for exporting RISE content to an LMS

May 04, 2023

I just want to verify the correct procedure for exporting RISE content to an LMS. To export a course, I have been going into the course, then going to the "Publish" option in the top right menu and from there selecting "LMS". I have been selecting the default SCORM package of SCORM 1.2 when I do the export. Courses have been getting exported successfully. To export individual modules, I have been creating new courses comprised of just that individual module and then exporting that as a course to my institution's LMS.  When I get to my LMS, there is a procedure I follow for importing the RISE contents and the process I use for that has been verified as correct by our tech support staff for our LMS. Please let me know if I am exporting Rise content correctly to my LMS. The training video I found uses this process so I am assuming it is correct. However, I wanted to check to be sure in case there is something else I should be doing. I just want to be sure to optimize access for our learners so they won't encounter any technical issues. Thank you.

4 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Dana,

The short answer is: if the Rise courses are working correctly in your LMS,  then you are doing it right.

Longer answer: There are differences between the  various SCORM versions.

https://articulate.com/support/article/Rise-Exceeding-SCORM-Suspend-Data-Limits 

https://articulate.com/support/article/Rise-Quiz-Data-Sent-to-an-LMS 

Judy Nollet

It sounds like you're doing fine. My one suggestion is to check with your LMS folks about the SCORM standard to use. 

SCORM 1.2 has a limited capacity for storing suspend/resume data. That means if a user exits near the end of a large course, the LMS might not save all the data, and the user might have to resume the course from an earlier point. 

SCORM 2004 (edition 3 or 4) has a much higher data limit. 

Here's more info: Storyline: Exceeding SCORM Suspend Data Limits - Articulate Support