Course's tracking

Jun 15, 2023

Goodmorning everyone,

our team has a problem with a course's tracking, realised in Rise 360. Restrict Navigation is On in this course.
Here's what's happening. The course's tracking works well only if learners don't close course's window till the end of the entire content.
Instead, the course's tracking doesn't work well when learners close course's window and launch the SCORM again in an other moment. In this case, it happens that:
- firstly, the course maintains the progress status up only to a certain lesson (32% of tracking);
- secondly, the course sends learners to their last lesson studied before closing window's course BUT it doesn't sign as studied the previous lessons up to that moment ... For this reason, learners can't go on or back to the next/previous lesson, because the Restrict Navigation is On. So, they must go back to the lesson at 32% of tracking and they must study again lessons till the lesson viewed before closing course's window. Only by this way it's possible to go on.
Unfortunatly, the course must keep on the Restrict Navigation, as client required.
I'm attacching screenshot of demonstration.
Which could be the problem?

Best regards,
Angela

2 Replies
Lea Agato

Hi, Angela! If your learners' progress isn’t saved correctly, and they always resume at the same spot in the course when they access it again, it may be that the suspend data limits is being exceeded.

I recommend publishing your course using the latest edition of  SCORM 2004, which has a much bigger suspend data limit. You can check out this article for more details on SCORM suspend data limits.

Let me know how it goes or if you need further assistance, and I’d be happy to dig deeper into this issue.