Course setting menu is suddenly "Lorem ipsum Dolor"

Oct 15, 2019

Hi all

I created a new course and want to adjust the settings. However, this is the second time this week I get this weird screen when I open settings (See screenshot). Please advise - I want to customize my course by accessing the usual setting like color etc.

Screen for settingsustomization etc.

9 Replies
Robert Milton

Hi! I'm having the same issue in Rise - can you point me in the right direction for a fix? I'm using MS Edge to edit a duplicate copy of an existing course.

Update: this works for me in Chrome, but not the latest version of MS Edge.  

Workaround: I edited settings using Chrome, then created a copy of the course. The copy opened in Edge displays the full settings options properly.

Thanks!

Hazel Bartolome

Hi Robert! So sorry to hear that you are encountering the same issue. Does this happen to only one Rise course or to all your Rise courses?

Let's try the following:

1. Please make sure that your browser is updated. Please check if you are using a supported browser, and that your browser is updated. Refer to the links below on how to update your browser:
2. Try other supported browsers and check if you are still getting the issue. This will check if the issue is browser-specific.

3. Please access Rise in Incognito or InPrivate window (Windows: Press Ctrl + Shift + n. Mac: Press ⌘ + Shift + n) Sometimes plugins cause odd behavior, Do you still get the same issue when in Incognito?

4. If the above steps do not work, kindly try clearing your cache to see if it will resolve the issue. Here's how:

If the issue still persists despite trying all the steps above, please open a case with us here so that one of our technical support engineers can troubleshoot.

Hazel Bartolome

Glad to hear that, Robert!  Quick note - when you reply via email, it includes your email signature with contact information in the public discussion.  You can edit it out of the post by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.