Create single PDF document from differents texts fields in RISE 360

Jul 11, 2023

Hello,

For a RISE 360 module, I need to insert free text input fields (5 times, in the same section). I know it's possible to retrieve the PDFs of these texts, but I don't want the learner to immediately receive each of their texts as 5 separate PDFs.

Instead, I want them to have access to a summary PDF at the end of the module (in another section) that concatenates all of their writings into a single downloadable file.

Does anyone have a solution for this please?

Thank you so much by advance.

4 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Manon!

I understand that you want your learners to have access to a summary PDF at the end of a module with the free text they have inputted.

This functionality isn't available in Rise right now, but you can embed a Google form, or a form from a similar app that has the option to download a PDF at the end.

Manon Bonaventure

Thanks for your anwser Hazel!

Do you mean I can embed a Google form (or something similar) that would allow to download the PDF at the end WITH the previous 5 inputted texts ? I have to specify that the 5 input fields that I mentioned will be in the same section/chapter but separated. It's not 5 questions at once but 5 questions separated by other elements such as examples, images etc.

Tim St. Clair

you'd have to embed a storyline file containing the text entry field for each instance where you want to input text. storyline would have to store the value using javascript to something like localstorage in the browser (https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/adding-a-text-box-for-user-input-in-rise360). you'd then have to have a final storyline at the end that reads all the stored values using javascript and builds the pdf file on the fly.

it doesnt seem like articulate will add text entry themselves, you have to do it yourself.