Creating a Quiz in Rise

Aug 03, 2017

Hi, btw am a first using Rise and has been some years since I used storyline which I really liked.

I'm wondering is there a way though to extract data to measure both completion rate and results after a user has attempted a quiz.

I am in the throes of building an online course with a very tight deadline, so a quick response to help me with this would be great! For each lesson the learner will need to answer the quiz questions. I will then need to report back on the number of users who completed it and the results.

I also want to know is there alternative to the types/formats of quizzes in rise- i.e. is their a multiple choice type quiz available etc. (I'm interested in different formats as well - a bit like what's available in storyline)

I'd really appreciate some guidance with this. Btw I am first time Rise user.

Cheers,

Odette

30 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Kyle! I just tested this - I created a 16 question quiz with both multiple choice and multiple response question. I previewed it, got all the answers correct, and got 100%. Previewing should still show accurate Quiz Results.

If you are still getting 94% despite getting all answers correct, please open a case with us so that one of our technical support engineers can investigate.

Heather McNeal

Hi,

I'm very new to Rise and trying to find this quiz editor section, but all I see is the block menu with knowledge check blocks and other block sections. I want to be able to measure these responses, and I want my learners to see how they did on these assessments. Is there a visual of where the quiz section is because the written guidance is not helping me, and I'm looking everywhere, but I don't see a quiz section.

Heather McNeal

Also, if this feature is in Storyline and I need to create the quiz there first, I'm on a MAC, and I don't have the time to VDI into Windows to create these because my grad class is on a tight schedule and the trial for the VDI is too short for me to use. If this is the case then my learners will have deal with an ungraded assessment in Rise which I think will be ok because this is a beta test course.

Christopher Santos

Hi Heather,

You'll need to create a new lesson and select Quiz when adding it as content (as shown in a sample screen recording below):

quizYou should then be able to add the questions for your course. 

After finishing the course, you can then export the course as LMS to share with your learners.