Creating an editable workbook in Rise

Jun 16, 2023

Hi there,

I'm looking into how I can embed an editable workbook into a Rise course. The text input would need to be saved and retrievable from the LMS Mindtickle. As I understand I could input a Storyline block but the text would not be saved or communicated to the LMS, is that right? The other option I found was to embed a Google form or other 3rd party survey site into the Rise course. Is there another workaround for this?

1 Reply
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Nichole! I understand you would like to have text input in your course that's retrievable through your LMS.

So sorry there isn't a survey or short answer block available in Rise right now, but we are taking requests for it. I'll add you to the list and we'll update this thread if we make any changes.

If you use a Storyline block in Rise, the text will not be communicated to your LMS. The track using Storyline block feature allows you to mark a course as complete based on whether or not the learner has completed that Storyline interaction. The only information that's sent to the LMS is whether or not the learner has completed the Storyline block. 

In the meantime, I believe a third-party survey embedded into Rise is the way to go. You'd have to refer to the tool you used for collective responses.