Data transfer from one account to another account.

Jun 26, 2023

As we change the email account to another user (email ID) do we have any change for maintaining the same folder structure as it was in the previous account?
What would be the best possible solution to deal with this problem of transferring the account to new user with all data intact.

5 Replies
Angelo Cruz

Hello Onkar! I understand you wanted to maintain the same folder structure when transferring accounts.

While you can transfer all content from one user to another, the preference does not get transferred. Only the content is transferred and not the folders or subfolders that the originating user has. See this article for more information on how to assign content to someone else on your team.

I hope this information helps.

Angelo Cruz

Hello Onkar! I was only able to test this by sending a copy of a course to another author. Upon checking the exported XLIFF file, the G ID or Course ID changed.

This resulted in the translated XLIFF file from the original course not to import successfully on the duplicated course or the copy of the course sent to another author. I would suggest exporting the XLIFF from the transferred content and comparing the Course ID with the translated file to see if they still match.

Let me know if you have any questions.