Deleted Courses

Jul 27, 2020

I have an question about sharing courses etc.

A course was shared with me for editing. I took a copy of it as a backup, I then edited the course and did the updates.  It now doesn't appear in my (shared with me) folder. I have the copy of it to fall back on, but the original has disappeared from the shared folder.

Question: if the owner of the course deleted it after it was shared with me, would this course disappear from my (shared with me) folder?

Thank you.

4 Replies
Kim Rushbrooke

Hello Karl and Alyssa. The background of this question is, the course owner gave me the permission to edit the course and it appeared in my 'shared folder'.  I made a copy of the course first, so there's really no drama. To be honest I cannot remember if in fact I deleted the course?. I I wanted to confirm the settings to allow me to do this. Question: if the owner transferred ownership to me and I deleted it, would the original owner still have it in his list?  Also I didn't see it in my deleted folder either, so I would have had to delete from there to permanently remove it from the course list, (again, I can't remember doing this).  Its no drama because I made a copy and transferred ownership back to him (ps - I should check if I still have the course, because that will answer my question).  In short I guess I need to understand the settings for collaborator, manager and owner a little more.  Thanks for responding to quickly.

Karl Muller

Hi Kim,

Collaborators can have one of three roles for a course:

• The Course Owner can do everything.
  • A Course Manager can do everything except edit labels, transfer ownership, and delete the course. 
  • A Course Collaborator can edit the course but doesn’t have access to Settings, Share, Review, or Export.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.