Drastic quality drop when posting illustrations on Rise

Aug 03, 2022

Hello! I was wondering is there any specific format I should upload the illustrations I do on Rise because they look terrible? I tried saving it in bunch of different formats and different dimensions but no luck. All illustrations are done in AI and they are high resolution. I’m attaching some images of how it looks when I export them vs how they look when I upload them. I also noticed picture quality decreases quite a bit too but it’s not as noticeable as with flat color illustrations. On Illustrations not only you can see it looks grained with little dots but some elements completely lose color.

I would appreciate any help with this, thanks!

- Best regards

When I export:

After I upload:

Another illustration up close:

5 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Alma,

When you upload an image in Rise, it will be compressed.

If you'd like an image to keep its specific file format and not undergo compression, you can opt-out of image optimization on a case-by-case basis. Just add _NOPROCESS_ to the name of your image file. It'll upload and display exactly as you saved it. Keep in mind that file size limits still apply.

so a file named dog.png will become dog_NOPROCESS_.png

https://articulate.com/support/article/Best-Practices-for-Images-Videos-and-Audio-in-Rise-Courses 

Algebra University  eLearning production

Hi,

Thank you so much for the advice this seems to helps with certain images. Do you perhaps know why similar thing happens when I upload a video with picture in it? When I play video it is fine but this is suppose to be preview and it looks distorted like on the picture and here neither svg format nor _norpocess_ seems to help.

- Thank you