Editing Block Templates

Nov 30, 2021

At the moment in RISE 360, once a block template is created, all you can do is rename or delete it.

This means that if your requirements change, you can only recreate it from scratch and delete the old version.  I know how to do this, but it's laborious when often it could just be a tweak in the wording or formatting for one of the blocks.

If you could edit (and maybe create a duplicate, ready for editing) a block template, this would save a lot of time.

4 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Steve,

The ability to edit an existing block template would be great.

What I do to update a block template is to insert the block into a Lesson, edit it, save it back to the Library, and delete the old version.

The only problem with this, is the position of the block changes in the library. But overall it works.

Joan Campbell

On a similar, and I may have missed this somewhere, it would be great to have a page/folder within Rise just for Block Templates so you don't have to go into a course to organize (and hopefully edit) them. For those of us who have been using them for a while, there can be hundreds...a lot to scroll through every time. 

Georg Volmer

Couldn't agree more. I've just added a feature request with the following content. Including Joan's and Steve's suggestions: 

Rise Block Templates should be better manageable.
At the moment in Rise, once a block template is created, all you can do is rename or delete it.

This means that if your requirements change, you can only recreate it from scratch and delete the old version. I know how to do this, but it's laborious when often it could just be a tweak in the wording or formatting for one of the blocks.

If you could edit (and maybe create a duplicate, ready for editing) a block template, this would save a lot of time.

It would also be great to have a page/folder within Rise just for Block Templates so you don't have to go into a course to edit them.

Also it would be great if not only the user who created a block template could delete it. So on the mentioned page/folder it would be great if team admins could delete block templates.