Insert Block Templates failing again

Jan 28, 2022

This used to be a thing, now I'm seeing it again. I'm trying to add a custom block template and all I'm getting is the spinning "Inserting template..." 

Is there a fix for this or a work around?

I know I can hit the invisible delete button in the top right corner, but this is becoming a pain in the butt - I last saw this a couple of years back, why is it still a thing?

17 Replies
Decoded Limited

Hi Jean-Pascal, just to let you know, you can delete the block - there's an invisible delete button in the top right corner of the block - you'll see your mouse pointer change - so you can at least get rid of the block and insert a regular non-custom block.

I've logged the fault with Articulate support. If you do it too, hopefully it will push it up their priority list!

Thanks

Crystal Horn

Hi folks! I'm sorry for the trouble. We've determined 2 scenarios cause this behavior:

• double-clicking to insert the block template
  • inserting multiple block templates in very fast succession

We're working to see if we can build a fail-safe into the templates feature so you don't get stuck. I'll keep you posted. For now, using the invisible delete and inserting templates more slowly will help.

Karl Muller

Hi Crystal,

While the two scenarios you mention may consistently cause the insertion of a Block Template to fail, in my experience those are most certainly not the only two failure scenarios.

As mentioned in a previous post, our organization exclusively uses Block Templates to create our courses.

I work in Rise on average 7 hours per day, and use the insert Block Template function hundreds of times every day.

Based on using this function thousands of times per week, and while exercising utmost caution to avoid these two scenarios from occurring, I still get multiple failures.

So there is yet another condition causing Block Template insertion failures. From my end it is completely random and follows no pattern whatsoever.

Sheri Matt

Hi!  I am currently having an issuing with the Block Template.  It just keeps saying "Processing Template" and it never completes processing so I am not able to add it.  I created a New Block Template and it says it was created but when I go to insert it, I get the Processing Template message when I try to select it.

Kelly Auner

Hi, everyone!

I wanted to pop in and update this thread in case anyone has experienced a similar issue! Our team has deployed a fix, so you should no longer see a message stating the page is processing while inserting a block template. Please let us know if you need additional assistance with this or have any questions.

We'll be happy to help!