Embedded PDF display issues

Jul 07, 2022

Hi all:  

I often use the workaround for embedding PDFs into Rise courses (by attaching them then using the URL for the embed), but often notice that once in the LMS, it's touch-and-go whether or not the embed actually displays on the screen; often it's just a blank block where it is supposed to be.  What's even more confusing is that this changes from use instance to use instance, meaning it might not display in a course when I review on Monday, but then when I come back to review on Tuesday it displays, etc.

Anyone else encounter this and find a solution?

1 Reply
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Micah! So sorry to hear that embedded pdfs are not consistently displaying in your course after uploading to your LMS.

I would suggest troubleshooting your file in SCORM Cloud to check if the behavior is the same. SCORM Cloud is an industry-standard testing engine that's free and supports AICC, SCORM, Tin Can API (xAPI), and cmi5 content.

This video tutorial demonstrates how to use SCORM Cloud with Articulate content.

You'll also find some helpful LMS-troubleshooting tips here.

If your course works properly in SCORM Cloud but not in your LMS, kindly share your SCORM Cloud findings with your LMS provider to troubleshoot the issue. 

If the course encounters the same issues in SCORM Cloud, open a case with us here so that we can investigate.