Embedding files in Rise

Nov 04, 2019

I am (trying to) revolutionising our onboarding process. I would love to be able to send our new hires a link to a Rise module, with all the forms they need to sight and fill in.
Is there a way to embed a form in a Rise, that the new hire can fill in, and then be retrievable (downloaded and saved) from my end?

14 Replies
Rachel Pooch

That's what we are currently doing, but with 9-12 forms per person, its hard to get all the forms back correctly, or at all! The forms are in editable PDF now, and ideally the candidate would be able to fill them in and we can retrieve the information, cutting out the need for forms to be emailed back and forward

Pollyanna Lindley

Hi Rachel,

Did you find that Rise always jumps to your Typeform when you open the new lesson - missing out other blocks? Or that the submit button covered the questions when using a mobile? I am using this code:

<iframe src="URL"></iframe>

It would be great to hear what code you used to get yours to work!

Thanks

Pollyanna Lindley

Hi Alyssa, 

Thank you so much for sharing that with me. It's good to know you're exploring a fix. The Continue block is a great short term solution! I've relabelled the Continue button to say: 'Answer your reflection question' which is a little clunky but will definitely do for now. See rough idea below. 

Thanks!

Polly

Alyssa Gomez

Good news, everyone! We just fixed an issue where learners were taken directly to the embed block location when starting a lesson containing an embedded TypeForm. 

If you have a course that contains embedded Typeform, you'll want to republish the course to take advantage of this fix. 

Let us know how this improvement works for you!