Error embedding PDFs in Rise

Nov 27, 2018

Good morning!

I wanted to adress a small problem with embedding PDFs from web hosting. Sometimes when loading the courses (like one out of 5) we don't get the view of the embedded content. There is no error code, big red cross, 404, nor anything: it just doesn't show. The frame remains blank. We used several ways to store the archive, from Google Drive to Calameo, even the "articulate user content" link you get when downloading the PDF after uploading it into a course.

The problem gets worse when there are several documents in a row because the chance of at least one of them failing gets even higher.

Is there anything we could do?

Thank you very much!

30 Replies
Steven Mailey

The attachment blocks work perfectly and as expected, however embedding PDFs (especially multiple documents) sometimes shows and sometimes just shows a blank box and you need to refresh the page to make it appear (and even then that sometimes doesn't work).

The last post by Frisk says he found his own solution which I have tried to follow but without success. I very rarely post to be honest but my frustrations on similar threads without solutions just got the better of me today. Let's put it down to ...'it's a Monday'