Failed upload to the LMS

Mar 06, 2023

Hi,
I try to upload an exported Scorm file to the LMS and receive the following error:

java.lang.Exception: com.plateausystems.elms.util.helper.ElmsUncheckedException: com.plateausystems.elms.framework.content.api.ContentDeploymentException: Unable to deploy the zip file for AXvi6LuVm3kEol1_articulate_r.Could not write to "sftp://sftp8.sapsf.com/icontent/AXvi6LuVm3kEol1_articulate_r/scormcontent/assets/mR5AfgRU0V6B81i9_transcoded-Bj6svRF3Dd7PwU4i-How to create and configure a scrum board in JIRA.mp4". Please check your settings.

at com.plateausystems.elms.framework.jobscheduling.impl.ContentDeploymentLocationBackgroundJob.execute(ContentDeploymentLocationBackgroundJob.java:116)

at com.plateau.common.jobscheduling.impl.simple.SimpleJobRunnable.run(SimpleJobRunnable.java:110)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: com.plateausystems.elms.util.helper.ElmsUncheckedException: com.plateausystems.elms.framework.content.api.ContentDeploymentException: Unable to deploy the zip file for AXvi6LuVm3kEol1_articulate_r.Could not write to "sftp://sftp8.sapsf.com/icontent/AXvi6LuVm3kEol1_articulate_r/scormcontent/assets/mR5AfgRU0V6B81i9_transcoded-Bj6svRF3Dd7PwU4i-How to create and configure a scrum board in JIRA.mp4". Please check your settings.

at com.plateausystems.elms.bo.contentimport.impl.ContentImportServiceImpl.importContent(ContentImportServiceImpl.java:343)

at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3886.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:344)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:198)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:163)

at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.proceedWithInvocation(TransactionInterceptor.java:123)

at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.invokeWithinTransaction(TransactionAspectSupport.java:388)

at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:119)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:186)

at com.plateausystems.elms.framework.vault.impl.EntityWithCredentialInterceptor.invoke(EntityWithCredentialInterceptor.java:65)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:186)

at com.plateausystems.elms.framework.perfmonitor.impl.ServicePerformanceMonitorInterceptor.invoke(ServicePerformanceMonitorInterceptor.java:42)

at com.plateausystems.elms.framework.usagestatistics.impl.UsageStatisticsInterceptor.invoke(UsageStatisticsInterceptor.java:65)

at com.plateausystems.elms.framework.authorization.impl.ServiceAuthorizationInterceptor.invoke(ServiceAuthorizationInterceptor.java:137)

at com.plateausystems.elms.framework.localization.DataLocalizationInterceptor.invoke(DataLocalizationInterceptor.java:72)

at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:215)

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy15655.importContent(Unknown Source)

at com.plateausystems.elms.framework.jobscheduling.impl.ContentDeploymentLocationBackgroundJob.execute(ContentDeploymentLocationBackgroundJob.java:99)

... 4 more

Caused by: com.plateausystems.elms.framework.content.api.ContentDeploymentException: Unable to deploy the zip file for AXvi6LuVm3kEol1_articulate_r.Could not write to "sftp://sftp8.sapsf.com/icontent/AXvi6LuVm3kEol1_articulate_r/scormcontent/assets/mR5AfgRU0V6B81i9_transcoded-Bj6svRF3Dd7PwU4i-How to create and configure a scrum board in JIRA.mp4". Please check your settings.

at com.plateausystems.elms.framework.content.impl.SFTPContentDeployerImpl.throwNewContentDeploymentException(SFTPContentDeployerImpl.java:842)

at com.plateausystems.elms.framework.content.impl.SFTPContentDeployerImpl.deployZip(SFTPContentDeployerImpl.java:560)

at com.plateausystems.elms.bo.contentimport.impl.ContentImportServiceImpl.deployScormContent(ContentImportServiceImpl.java:679)

at com.plateausystems.elms.bo.contentimport.impl.ContentImportServiceImpl.importContent(ContentImportServiceImpl.java:265)

... 27 more

Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs2.FileSystemException: Could not write to "sftp://sftp8.sapsf.com/icontent/AXvi6LuVm3kEol1_articulate_r/scormcontent/assets/mR5AfgRU0V6B81i9_transcoded-Bj6svRF3Dd7PwU4i-How to create and configure a scrum board in JIRA.mp4".

at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.AbstractFileObject.getOutputStream(AbstractFileObject.java:1439)

at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.DefaultFileContent.getOutputStream(DefaultFileContent.java:461)

at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.DefaultFileContent.getOutputStream(DefaultFileContent.java:441)

at com.plateausystems.elms.framework.content.impl.SFTPContentDeployerImpl.deployZip(SFTPContentDeployerImpl.java:553)

... 29 more

Caused by: 2: No such file

at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.throwStatusError(ChannelSftp.java:2873)

at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.put(ChannelSftp.java:768)

at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.put(ChannelSftp.java:709)

at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.put(ChannelSftp.java:703)

at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.sftp.SftpFileObject.doGetOutputStream(SftpFileObject.java:541)

at org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.AbstractFileObject.getOutputStream(AbstractFileObject.java:1431)

... 32 more

3 Replies
Angelo Cruz

Hello Annette! I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties uploading your exported Scorm file to your LMS.

I downloaded the Scorm package you shared and I was able to successfully upload it to SCORM Cloud when I tested it. Have you tried reaching out to your LMS administrator regarding this issue? I'm curious to know if there's a setting or format that's conflicting with your LMS platform.

I would suggest sharing the error above with your LMS administrator and see if there's anything you would need to change with your publish settings.

Feel free to reach out to us again if you have any questions.

Jon Schneider

Hi Annette, did you ever get a resolution for this?  We've been sporadically experiencing this issue for the past couple of months.  Our workaround, suggested by Articulate and SuccessFactors is to rename the file in the assets folder and Imsmanifest to make it shorter and then it it imports.  This however is a huge PIA.  Hoping maybe you found another solution.  Thanks in advance for your reply.

Kr,

Jon Schneider

Kevin Perry

I recently ran into this same issue with SuccessFactors.

There's a 225-character path/filename limit in SuccessFactors - so if you use assets with long filenames, you hit this import error. SAP recommends that path/filenames don't exceed 175 characters, with filenames not longer than 30 or 40 characters. 

You have to edit down the filenames of the assets you drop into your project.