FONTS DISPLAYING DIFFERENTLY

May 03, 2023

This morning when we joined RISE 360 we got a shock, all the font characteristics had vanished. It's across the piece, every course is displaying plain grey text.

But, when in preview mode the set characteristics came back, i.e. bold where it should be bold. 

We also saw that changes made via the editor made no difference to the display but, again in preview mode the changes appeared.

We've raised an issue, but wondered if anyone else has seen the same.

Stan

6 Replies
Gren Foronda

Hi Stan!

Sorry to hear about this font issue you are experiencing with your Rise courses.

Testing this issue you reported, I'm unable to replicate this when editing new and existing courses in Rise.

I see that you have opened a support case and are currently working with my colleague Ian to troubleshoot this issue.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know.
Tanya Corlett

Hi Gren,

I imported a copy of CALIBRI (Cailbri woff font file) into a test module using the Custom Font Manager and all now worked as expected. Minutes later across all of our learning modules the font was restored. I've passed on the evidence to Ian in tech support to see if we can discover how the fonts vanished in the first place. Another day, another mystery.

Gren Foronda

Hi folks! We're looking into this issue where bold and italic fonts aren't displayed correctly on certain fonts in Edit mode. Sorry for the trouble this has caused you.

In the meantime, you may try uploading the Italics and Bold styles (WOFF files) into the custom font in Rise, and see if this helps resolve the issue for you. 

We will keep this thread posted for any updates on this issue.

Gren Foronda

Hi all!

I'm happy to let you know we have fixed this issue where bold and italic formatting aren't displayed correctly on certain fonts during edit mode.

Please refresh your web browser and see if this resolves the issue for you as well.

Let us know if you still run into this issue, or have any questions about this update. Have a lovely day!