Formatting images for the different rise blocks

Nov 28, 2018

Hi E-Learning Heroes community,

Anyone got any hints and tips on how to format "off the computer" images into Rise?

Issues I'm having:

I'm designing operational training so a lot of the images in the Articulate gallery aren't fit for purpose so im using organisational images. However, im having grave issues with formatting. When uploading the images they are either too small or too big for the different rise blocks

How I've tried to overcome:

Have been taking said images and inputting them into power point and inserting a square around image and grouping together and saving as PNG file. I've tried making images: small, big and even positioning on slide. Whatever i try, i cant get the size suitable for each of the different blocks

What i require:

Formatting tips!

What i want to achieve:

Create standard template for each of the blocks so myself and collegues can paste an image into template and know that ts the right size for the block.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance 

Natalie :-)

4 Replies
Nicole Legault

Hi there Natalie!

Thank you for posting your question here in the forums! I'm sorry you've run into this issue formatting the images for your course. 

There isn't a specific recommended image size for each of the block types, but we do have some documented best practices here for working with images and other media elements in Rise. 

We recommend using the highest quality image that you have available--the larger the dimensions, the better.

Rise displays images in different sizes and ratios depending on the device you're using, especially in those full-width image blocks. For example, the way an image is cropped on a tablet is completely different than the way it's cropped on a phone.

In other words, there's no ratio rule to follow since the image will be cropped differently depending on the device that's used. That's the beauty of fully-responsive content--it reflows and resizes to fit the device/screen you're using.

If we can have a look at your Rise course link and the original images you're trying to use, we can possibly make some recommendations You can share those here in the thread, or if you'd like to share privately, you can send them along to our Support Engineers here. 

Jim Armstrong

That's okay for "eye candy", but we need to know what the best dimensions are for images that are supporting images. We also need the ability to position the image in the frame so we can choose how it will be displayed. For example, when you upload your image to a website that prints images, you can position how you want the image to be cropped.

Currently, it's a lot of trial and error, which wastes a lot of time.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.