Free text box to record participant's answers

Jun 24, 2020

Hi!

I hope this finds you safe.

I want to embed text boxes that a participant can fill up as they go. I tried inserting a Storyline block, it looks perfect on the computer, but it doesn't work on the phone. The Storyline block shows up like a video and the text is not retained.

I wanted to know if we can remove the correct/ incorrect feedback after the quizzes in Rise? That way I could make the fill in the blank quiz question into a text box and put in my own feedback statements.

Any other suggestions to be able to do this would be helpful.

Thanks!

M

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Melanie!

While Rise 360 doesn't have a free text feature, you can add open-ended questions to your lesson by embedding a survey from a third-party tool (like Google Forms or Survey Monkey) using a Multimedia Embed block. 

Use this iFrame code format for easy embedding!
<iframe src="URL HERE"></iframe>

Also, don't miss this Learning Journal created by a fellow community member!

Cassandra Miles

Hi Alyssa. Is there rely no other workaround to this? With data protection laws and working in some government settings, linking out to a 3rd party tool is a rally fobidden. In the case of reflective questions, a survey or forms format isn't the right solution. 

Ideally, an Embedded, fillable, internally hosted PDF would bethe best solution. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.