Frequency of the LMSCommit() Storyline360 <> RISE360?

Apr 24, 2019

Hi everyone,

Is it right, that the trigger of the LMSCommit() is managed by the SCORM package? Thats right or?

Why is there a difference in the frequency of the LMSCommit() between Articulate Storyline360 and RISE360?

In RISE the LMSCommit() will be send usually very late at the end of the course (or by exit/window close).  In Articulate Storyline360 it seems that every minute an LMSCommit() will be fired by the SCORM package (see screenshot). 

How can I change the behaviour of RISE to get the LMSCommit() more often - like in Storyline360? At the moment we are loosing a lot course results & progresses... I really need help in this issue. 

digitally
Michi

4 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry that the frequency of the LMSCommit in Rise is causing problems for you. Right now, there isn’t a way to do change that behavior in Rise 360. Would you be up for logging a feature request to tell us more about your specific needs?

In the meantime, if there’s anything else I can do to help, please let me know! 

Ernst Huber

the problem seems very familiar to me. We lose the learning progress data far too often, especially with Rise, which is why learning designers in my company often refuse to develop with Rise. I have therefore done extensive tests which confirm that Rise performs significantly worse than Storyline and that both Rise and Storyline are much worse than, for example, a WBT developed with iSpring. Unfortunately, I felt too little support from Articulate in this regard, which is why I have given up the effort to find a fix...

Regards, Ernst

Karl Muller

Hi Ernst,

"Newly exported Rise 360 courses exported using SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, or AICC will communicate with the LMS every 60 seconds, as well as when you navigate to each new lesson. This change doesn't apply to courses exported with xAPI or cmi5."

See: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/how-often-does-rise-ping-the-lms#reply-765843