Full width dividers in Rise

Jun 06, 2023

Hi,

The project I am working on requires the section dividers to be grey and full-width.

I changed the settings and saved them, but when I insert a divider at the end of a section and preview it, initially, it is blue. If I select (click) it, it moves to the next section, but when go back, it has changed to grey - and the 'previous' bar at the top of the new section, is also grey.

But no matter what I try, it doesn't display as grey to start with.

I must be missing something or not doing something correctly - any thoughts?

TIA 

13 Replies
Michael O'Sullivan

Hi Thanks for getting back to me.

I have attached the settings for the module.

The divider when I insert it into the content and how it displays in preview.

How it looks after I click on it in preview and then go back to the previous module using the back function

micheal osullivan

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions, but the problem is the dividers display
correctly when they have been clicked (grey and full width) and not the
first time they are displayed/shown (blue and default) - despite setting
them to grey and full width - in the Themes section. My client wants them
to display correctly the first time, They have other developers using Rise
and creating similar content, and they do not appear to have the same
problem.
And I appear to be using the same settings as them, so it must be
something else - and I can't work out what it should be.

Regards

Michael

Michael O'Sullivan

Digital Technology Training
www.digitaltechnologytraining.com
Cell: 07802866807

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee and
may contain confidential, copyrighted and/or privileged information. If
you have received this message in error, please notify us and delete it.
Recipients should scan the email and any attachments for their own
protection.

This email does not conclude a binding agreement. The views or opinions
presented in this email do not necessarily represent those of Digital
Technology Training.

Angelo Cruz

Hi Michael! Your settings are correct. However, what you are referring to is the Continue block which follows the theme colors.

The Continue block will disappear as soon as users completed the lesson or met its requirements. The one you are seeing is the Navigation button.

The color scheme for the Navigation controls the color of the navigation bar at the top and bottom of the page.

While the theme colors control the color of your Continue block or Divider.

I hope this information helps when choosing the color scheme for your course theme and navigation buttons.

By the way, your contact information gets included when you reply via email. You can remove them by clicking the Edit button in your post.

Angelo Cruz

Hi Michael! I just wanted to clarify that these two are different. The blue one that you are referring to is a block whereas the gray one is the navigation button.

The Continue block does not change to a navigation button. It actually becomes hidden once its requirement has been met or when a user completes the lesson. When the Continue block disappears, the users will see the navigation button instead when they go back to a previously completed lesson.

The color of the Continue block or any other blocks in your course is controlled by the theme color and not the color scheme for the navigation button.

Michael O'Sullivan

Hi Angelo,

I really appreciate you responding so quickly.

I understand the distinction you are making, and it does help to clarify things.

In that case, what am I doing wrong?

When I come to the end of a lesson - I can either insert a 'continue' from the menu at the bottom of the screen, or go to All Blocks, and select Divider, then 'continue' from the options, type in the text I want to appear then exit the lesson and start the next/new one.

I am obviously missing something as the user clicking the continue bar seems to trigger the grey bar appearing - and I want it to recognise the end of the lesson automatically - causing the grey bar to appear as standard.

I am sure it is something simple that I am missing; I just can't think what it is.

Michael O'Sullivan

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your interest.

If you go back through the thread (I think it's the third post), you will see some attachments. The second (content creation) shows how the 'bar appears on the screen initially, and the third (after being selected) shows how it displays when the user has selected it. But no matter what I do, I can't get it to display as a grey bar initially.