Fullscreen option for embedded Storyline course within Rise

Jul 15, 2021

Hi all,

Apologies if this question has been asked already.

In Rise, when embedding Storyline content, we have the option to scale the content to small, medium, or full-width. I wondered if it would be possible to allow the users a fullscreen option for the Storyline player?

I am developing some e-learning for a new cloud system currently, and so the course size is 1920px x 1080px as this matches the screen resolution of the majority of laptops that will be watching it. The system will also mostly be run at this resolution, and so it makes sense to have the course be the same size so that it matches the screenshot size perfectly (no horizontal or vertical stretching).

The full-width resolution works perfectly for the width, but when you include the player the height becomes an issue - you have to be really precise with the scroll bar to include both the full course and the seekbar. I would ideally like to make the content medium with the option to full-screen it if needed. Is this possible or is it something that could be evaluated as a possible feature?

Many thanks,

Sam

33 Replies
Eric Santos

Hello Kelly,

The full-screen option is now available on embedded Storyline blocks in Rise 360 exported courses. If you're having problems seeing it on mobile, could you share whether you published it to Web or LMS? Also, what device and mobile operating system version are you using to test?

Kindly check whether your device runs the latest browser version to avoid issues. Thanks in advance for your response!

Kelly Hall

Hi Eric!

I am using UKG Pro Learning (Schoox). I enabled the Full Screen option, but in the UKG Pro Learning App, the full screen icon disappears. I am using an iPhone 15 with the latest IOS system. 

I see the full screen option on my browser, Rise, and in Storyline itself, just not in the app. 

Steven Benassi

Hi Kelly!

Thanks for following up and sharing the additional details!

I've opened a support case on your behalf so our support engineers can test this behavior on the appropriate mobile device. You're in excellent hands working with them and they should be reaching out to you shortly!

We can continue the conversation through your case to keep all information in one spot.

Mallory Frazier

Hi all! Albert, thanks for the workaround. I was JUST about to use it when we tested a simpler theory. We have found that in our LMS (Docebo), the storyline block full screen works if we change the SCORM file desktop view mode to "Stand-Alone." The description of this mode is "Suggested to play only the training material in the course page, limiting distractions and allowing learners to switch to other pieces of content quickly. Recommended for old Flash packages."

So maybe try messing around with the LMS SCORM view modes?