Generic Text Included While Exporting XLIFF files in Rise

Apr 27, 2023

When exporting an XLIFF file from Rise it includes four extra generic sentences. The wording used when you add a block.

I sent for translation not knowing they are hidden somewhere and have unnecessarily paid for an extra 144 words I didn't need.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Why is Rise including text from generic blocks I have not included in my courses? 

After the last sentence in my course - I then see this in the .xlf file (I bolded the generic text so you can see it easily here):

</g></g></source></trans-unit><trans-unit id="items|33|items|0|paragraph"><source><g id="GB8nH6rC6LmIpoAl" ctype="x-html-P">When we show up to the present moment with all of our senses, we invite the world to fill us with joy. The pains of the past are behind us. The future has yet to unfold. But the now is full of beauty simply waiting for our attention.</g></source></trans-unit></body></file></xliff>

I submitted a case but of course, am nearing a deadline and thought I would post for others' input. Thanks.

Pinned Reply
2 Replies
Angelo Cruz

Hi Sandra! I'm sorry to hear that you are encountering this issue in Rise.

I see that you are working with Chester regarding this issue. I see you have performed the troubleshooting steps that he recommended. I'll send him a note about your findings so that he'd be able to look at other possible things that might be causing the issue.

Let me know if you need anything else.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.