Glitch with numbered list in Rise

Sep 15, 2020

Hi everyone,

I've created a numbered list in Rise (using the formatting tool from the paragraph block) and I can see each item numbered 1-6. However when I publish the module to review it only shows a list of items each labeled "1".

This has happened multiple times now and it doesn't seem to matter how many items are in the list, they are all labeled "1" regardless.

(Note that this is not the numbered list block, but the numbered list within the paragraph block.)/

Is this a known glitch? Or is there a trick I don't know about?

11 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Stephanie! So sorry to hear that you are encountering this issue!

I am trying to replicate the behavior, and I hope you can help me by answering some questions:

I'd like to know how you are adding the numbered list. Are you typing in the references in a text block, then formatting it using the Ordered list option from the toolbar (as shown below)?

Are you copying the references from a document source like Word?

Jaclyn Gish-Lieberman

Hi all,

I'm having this issue in Rise as well. The numbered lists I built using the Ordered List option in the RCE is previewing as all ones. 

See the example in this module. Go to Key Points & Resources and check out the accordion under Lesson Resources. All of the references should be numbered. 

https://rise.articulate.com/share/dl3gcWtWwkETfJqdKoyHjCNP8nMxfqFR 

I'd love some help. Thanks in advance.

Jackie

Lea Agato

Hi, Jackie! I tried to replicate this issue by creating an ordered list and typing in each item, and by copying a list from another source and pasting it in the block, but I have not encountered the issue you described.  I'll need some additional information to better understand the issue:

1. Can you provide detailed steps that you took when you created your Key Points & Resources accordion blocks? 

2. Do you see the same issue when you open the course for editing?

3. Does this happen everytime you create an ordered list?

Thanks!

Aya Mouelhi

Hello All, I ran into this issue as well.

Here is how I fixed it:

I had to delete the ordered list and create a new one. I then had to re-type each item (to save time, I typed the first letter of the item and copy pasted the rest).

Here are my answers to Lea's previous questions if it helps:

1. I copy pasted my text into my accordion block. The different items on my list were separated by line breaks and I selected all of them then clicked on "ordered list".

2. The list appeared correctly in editing but not in preview.

3. I tried repeating the steps I described in step 1 but the glitch did not happen again.

Amanda  Kutchey

We are seeing TONS of errors in numbering when using the numbered bullets within Rise. 

First is a screen shot of our editing side where they are numbered correctly using the number bullets. 

The second is a screen shot from our shared workbook within the share link, end users are seeing all 1's. 

How do we fix this issue as we are using the tools given to us within the program and cannot seem to get this to work correctly 100% of the time?  It will work and not work in different text sections of the same chapter. 

Fran Sterling

I have also encountered this several times and found something that works for me. If you put your curser at the beginning of bullet 2 and backspace until your second bullet is part of the 1st bullet then press enter it will correct the numbering. It's time consuming if you have several numbered lists, and sub lists, but not as bad as retyping everything.

I was copying and pasting from a word document when the problem occurred.