Has anyone else wanted a search course function in Rise?

Apr 14, 2020

Does anyone else have 40 or 50 courses in Rise and wish for a search bar, so they could just type in the name of the course and it'd filter down to just the one they want?

I know I can set up folders and then click on the folder and narrow down courses, but that doesn't replace the beauty of a well-placed search bar.

SearchBar

6 Replies
Preben Gammelmark

This is becoming a big problem for us.
Searching on title is NOT good enough.

I suggest Articulate to add a note field where the course authors can add information which is :
- not visible to the learners
- but visible and SEARCHABLE for the course authors.

I'd use that to enter the project ID for my learning project - e.g.: 0731IA-10

Then I can link all my learning assets together with this. All relevant files (videos, storyboards, reports) use this prefix. Within a few years, we have made 240 learning projects, and we are quite strict in using this naming convention.

apoje@hughesfcu.org Poje

Another related option (possibly worth of its own suggestion) would be to store projects in Folders, so you'd have to drill down to the folder to see the project. Currently, you can set up folders but 1) the project still resides in the default "All Courses" folder and 2) setting up custom folders isn't shared with other team members.

If I could organize projects in folders where it wasn't visible until I click on the folder and everyone else could find it in that folder as well, then I could organize them a little better and not have to search through years of past projects.