Hidden Content and Missing text on Carousels in Edit mode

Jan 17, 2024

Hello,

I am experiencing something very strange all of a sudden. I have a course of 22 lessons and in one of them, the content is hidden midway down the page. There is an empty white space where the content was supposed to be without options to edit. However, if I click the next step in the first carousel, the content miraculously displays. Please advise how to fix this. Also, since I write step processes for training, it was very helpful being able to view the text in the carousel in edit mode to verify the correct numbering and text for the steps, that feature is now gone and I request for it to please come back to assist all of my training teammates. The image of the white space is attached.

Thank you for your time!

5 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Kathleen

Sorry to hear that you ran into this snag. 

We're not seeing this issue being reported by other Rise 360 authors so there's a possibility that this may be specific to the course that you are working on. To troubleshoot the behavior, please try the following:

If the issue persists, please open a case with our support team here so we can take a closer look at the blank space in your course. Regarding viewing the text in carousel images while in edit mode, can I ask if this is the text section that you are referring to? 

If so, I can confirm that this is still available when you add and edit a carousel block in Rise 360. Can I ask if you are seeing something different on your end? 

Looking forward to your response!

Kathleen Walsh

Hello and thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I tried all of your suggestions for the hidden content and nothing worked. Then, I clicked the next slide in the first carousel and the content came back. I ended up recreating the carousel and deleting the other one and that has worked so far. As for the edit content in the carousel, please see the image attached. There is text under the carousel image but it is missing in edit mode on the left side, where we add images.

Jose Tansengco

Hello Kathleen,

Thanks for sharing what fixed the issue for you. It looks like it was a temporary glitch for the affected block, and recreating it addressed the white space issue. This will come in handy for anyone who comes across this thread experiencing the same behavior. 

As for the preview text while editing the carousel block, you can let our product team know that you're interested in seeing the old user interface by raising a feature request here!  

Kathleen Walsh

Hello! I know you are all wicked busy, but I am curious about when requests are approved or denied. I have a training team of 40 people who are all ready to submit the same request to bring back the edit interface on the left for carousels, and I do not want you all bombarded.

Thank you for your time!

Kathleen

Steven Benassi

Hi Kathleen!

Happy to jump in here! Glad to see my teammate Joe has been helping you out!

I noticed that you have submitted a feature request already. Great move! We would be glad to include the voices of your colleagues if they choose to submit one as well!

For your reference, here's a deeper look at how we manage feature requests.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!