Hide Quiz Results

Apr 14, 2018

We are creating a quiz block, but have no need to show the score screen with the animated circle that shows the score the user attained. Is there anyway that when the user clicks next, it moves to to the next block or next question. The design of the quiz block doesn't suite the clients needs.

6 Replies
Michael Bauer

I would add a block of Interactive > Knowledge Check as this just gives correct or incorrect feedback and then the learner can continue on.

If you want to go a step further and force them to answer the question, you can then add Divider > Continue and set the following:

• Completion type is Complete Block Directly Above (which will be the Knowledge Check)
  • Label (currently CONTINUE) you could change to "Click here to continue with the course"
  • Hint text (currently Complete the content above before moving on) you could change to "Try answering the question above!

Give it a try. Perhaps this will suit your needs :)

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Cindy,

The feedback by answer is specific to the built-in quiz, although I know a few folks have asked to see it as part of the knowledge check too. It sounds like that would suit your needs as well, so I'll link this discussion to the feature request we have filed and are tracking. 

Thanks for sharing that insight here with us, and always feel free to send any other ideas through a feature request!

Anselm Geske

Hi,

I'm trying to make sure that participants of my Rise wbt have no chance to finish the course, because our training management system (SAP) starts the follow-up process fully automatic, as soon as the candidate accomplishes the last chapter. But I need to do this step manually, before the learner gets the info that he finished successfully, because I have to check in another system, if he really performed the exercise successfully.

I tried to break finishing the course with a meaningless Knowledge Check Block, but it doesn't please my expectation.

Instead of a question to be answered, I put "Thank you!" and as the reaction on a wrong answer I put "This course ends here". But there is always the "Try again" button, which may really irritate learners. By the way it looks as if not giving an answer at all also sets the mark for having accomplished the course.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Anselm,

A Rise 360 course is tracked based on course completion percentage or quiz result score. There isn't a way to prevent the course from sending completion data to your LMS.

It sounds like you need to adjust the course completion settings in your LMS. What LMS are you using? Perhaps someone using the same LMS can point you in the right direction!

Anselm Geske

Hi Alyssa,

I know I cannot interrupt automatic completion report after the course has been completed by the learner. But I can avoid, that he will succeed in finishing the course by putting a Knowledge Check he cannot accomplish successfully. That was the plan. but it always looks stupid, because the learner keeps being asked to retry.

In my LMS, which is the very old SAP LSO, I have to finish the course for each participant manually, because I need to check, if they successfully created an object in a third system. Only in this case we agree, that the training was passed. So I just want to avoid, that people can reach 100% of the Rise wbt in an elegant way that can be understood by learners easily.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.