Hosting Rise360 Course on Website for Free

Jul 28, 2022

I am part of a research team that created online content using Rise360. We then moved it over to Rise.com to host for the life of the research. However, we would like to export our content and put it onto a webpage where folks could access it after our research ends. We would like to do this in a free way, where we can stop paying for a subscription. We would no longer need to track participant progress- we just want folks to be able to read/use content. Does anyone know a free way to do this? We use Wordpress which was where I was hoping to host the course, but now I've learned that I'd have to pay for a plug in subscription to import the course into Wordpress. Free options without subscriptions would be really helpful. 

8 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi,

I'm not a Rise.com user, but it's my understanding that you cannot export a course and use it somewhere else.

Can I export courses from Rise to an LMS?

Rise courses can’t be exported. Rise is a holistic online training system. You can create courses, enroll learners, and track their progress—all in Rise! Learn more.

See https://help.rise.com/en/articles/3168921-authoring-faqs 

Gren Foronda

Hi Lindsey!

As Karl has mentioned, you can't export your Rise.com courses to LMS, as Rise.com is a complete online training system; you won't need an LMS/web server to host or track your content.

However, if you still have a copies of your courses in Rise 360, you can export your Rise 360 courses to Web, and host these in a web server. Here are some free/low-cost web hosting options that you can try.

Michael Antoine

Thanks for the valuable links. I would also like to post my content for general reading access. After all, what we research and write, especially educational materials, should be freely available. I believe that without it, there is no point in our work. If the easiest option is to use the Web, then I'll do it. I do my research and write reviews of fiction and non-fiction books. And I would like to create my site like https://freebooksummary.com/category/the-grass-is-singing  I found recently or something similar in the future. I was looking for the book the grass is singing and came across it. I like his structure and presentation of the material to readers. But now, the option with the web hosting will suit me completely.