How to access a Rise course created by someone else on my team?

Feb 28, 2019

One of my team members is out for the next few weeks. I need to make a change today to a Rise course he created. I am a team admin, but I don't see how to access his course. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

35 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Deborah,

Unfortunately, admins don't have any way to access the courses created by individual users unless those users add them as collaborators.

That being said, if you get in touch with our Support Team they may be able to help you out. You can submit a case here.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Deborah Decker

Hi Allison,

Being added as a collaborator wouldn't help with this issue, since collaborators can only edit the course, not publish it (the course would need to be published and put into the LMS in order for learners to see the new version). In future updates will collaborators be able to publish courses? Or will there be a way to have more than one owner?

Allison LaMotte

Hi Deborah,

Our support team may be able to do more than just add you as a collaborator, so I would reach out to them and see what they say.

We're currently working on adding some new features around permissions. Say tuned to our What's New page to find out more!

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Heather Horner

Any update on this? There has to be a way to gain access to content other than relying on the original author to share a copy or designate collaborators. What about the "hit by a bus" scenario? What if someone is 99% finished with a course, or just finished and loaded to a LMS, and is then unable to continue or share with others, due to illness, accident, etc? Is the team just out of luck with no option but to start over or rebuild from scratch? There must be a better way. Please escalate this issue.

Karl Muller

Hi Heather,

If you add collaborators as Course Managers, that should resolve most of your issues:

A Course Manager can do everything except edit labels, transfer ownership, and delete the course.

In a worst case scenario, the Rise Account Manager in your organization can always transfer all the courses owned by a departed team member to another current team member. 

So it's never necessary to start over or rebuild a course from scratch.

Adam Romano

Unfortunately this isn't a great option with larger teams.  We have 10 developers and it's not very pleasant to have to assign every course to every team member each team.  We have the ability to share Storyline blocks easily with all members in a few clicks, it would be nice to have the same option with courses.  

An example, I had a team member on vacation and a course she developed needed an emergency update.  It was far more complicated than it needed to be to have that update completed.  

Karl Muller

Hi Heather,

Note this applies to the Rise Team Administrator for your organization. To find out who this person is in your organization, click on your account icon at the top of this page and choose Account.

On the next page, click Team Info on the left. You will see the names of your Rise Team Administrators. They can perform the following actions:

https://community.articulate.com/articles/articulate-360-teams-managing-users-groups-and-admins#users 

See the section Remove Users and the instructions about what to do with courses owned by outgoing team members.

Nathan Leavitt

I DO have it!

I had to click on the specific user who originally shared it with me, which was Danielle. This threw me off because I thought I could access it from "All Courses" but apparently that's not how it works. I still think it's a confusing that "All Courses" isn't All Courses, but now I know where to find it.

Rise courses

Heinee Hinrichsen

This has been a constant frustration for me and my team. Why can't multiple individuals publish a course. I work with another team member. She is the course owner and she has added myself as the course manager. I am still unable to publish the course to a mutual Review 360 area that we are both working on. I have made my edits to the course just fine but now when I go to publish the course I get an error message more than likely due to the fact that I don't have any kind of permission to publish a course. My co-worker has to do that and its a total pain to have to complete my edits and then to ask her to publish the course. Not a good solution here.  There needs to be a better collaboration method for this software so large teams can work on one project and be able to edit and publish to that one project. Not just having one Review 360 area assigned to one user. There needs to be one specific review area where multiple collaborators can work and publish to that one area. Just like everyone else has posted in this forum. When will this item be solved?

Matthew Gauthier

I just hired a new content developer and spent a ridiculous amount of time adding his email (can't even select him from a dropdown) as a collaborator, then having to make him a course manager.  The way this works is garbage.

This is not team collaboration

Seems like a simple fix:

• Role based permissions - collaborator, manager, admin, etc
  • Use folder based permissions - only I can see content, managers see content, all team can see content, etc
  • Have standard settings that allow the owner (or admins) make it available to all team members, select team members of private.
  • Admins should be able to do and see all.

Love the product but this needs to be fixed.  I have another new hire coming soon and not looking forward to this.  What happens when we have 100+ courses.  What happens if someone leaves...

Should be a priority.