33 Replies
Michelle Levesque

Hi Alyssa, 

Thanks so much for your reply and trying to help me find a workaround. 

Unfortunately, unless we can lock only one screen, it won't work for my particular use case. Locking courses just leads to our learner's frustration and does not guarantee actual knowledge transfer, so we avoid it altogether. I wish Rise didn't have an "all or nothing" approach to the course navigation, it's very limiting to good course design. :( 

Found this article in the Articulate archives that speaks to some of the reasoning behind the decision against locking down course pages. 

Are there any plans to introduce more sophisticated customization to the tool, or a Mac-friendly version of Storyline? 

Thanks again for trying. 

Crystal Horn

Hi Michelle! To follow up, we don't have plans on our roadmap for Storyline for Mac, or specific customization options for Rise 360. 

For now, the best workaround we could offer would be to add a continue button at the bottom of a lesson that requires the acknowledgement to be completed. They can still navigate the course freely, but the lesson won't be completed until they've made the acknowledgement and clicked to continue.

Julia Mays

Our issue is, if the learner fails to pass the quiz, they will not be allowed to complete the course.  They need to stop and go see either their manager or another party for remediation.  We need the ability to add text with instructions on what to do if the learner isn't successful.  We have added instructions at the start of the quiz, but by the time the learner has completed the quiz, they may not remember in the moment and they can't go back.

so they are stuck.

Mamta Chhillar

Just checking if there is any update on this feature request. I don't like to end the course on the Quiz slide and usually add a Next Steps section which has information on whom to contact and a Congratulations screen on completing the course. However, the learners think that the course has ended with the Quiz and they try to close the course by closing the screen and not the cross on the Quiz screen and it gives them an error and for some reason the LMS doesn't register that they completed the course or not. Then it just gets complicated, lol. 
Would be great if there was a possibility to customise this screen and add some more instructions.