How to convert English text to Japanese in Rise?

Jan 11, 2023

How do I convert English texts to Japanese? I looked at a few discussions on the forum where it was mentioned to have unicodes. I need some more explanation - My courses are in Arial font. What steps I have to do get the English texts to Japanese?

9 Replies
Kamonasish Bhattacharjee

Yes, I uploaded the Arial font. You are correct, perhaps, that it is not a unicode. Now, if I need to get these translated to Japanese, are you suggesting that I upload a Japanese font and then use it? I'm told that MS Mincho / MS Gothic / Yu Gothic are generally used for Japanese text in MS word or PPT. Shall I download one of them and upload it to RISE 360?

Kamonasish Bhattacharjee

And I was digging deep within the organization policies (the one where I work) on what exact font I can use that is allowed and found that Noto Sans is, likely, the one that is allowed. If I get this font from the concerned team, can I just upload it in RISE 360?

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Kamonasish! Following up on your question about using a good font for Japanese characters -- You can follow the steps in this article to upload a custom font. 

If you need to translate your content from English to Japanese, these instructions will help! Just make sure you make a Japanese duplicate of your course first, and translate from there. That article also covers translating the labels in your course.

Let us know how you make out!

Kamonasish Bhattacharjee

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing the information. I have forwarded it to the team who are currently involved in translating files to Japanese language. Hope this information will be valuable and helpful for them. If they have any concerns or doubts, whom shall I forward or ask to? In addition, I would rather love to see a video on how to change the fonts and language from the settings instead of reading through the content. Videos will be easy to understand. For example, we are trying to change the labels to Japanese, so what are the first steps to be done, what needs to be downloaded, and so on.

Cheers
Kamonasish Bhattacharjee

Sent from Mail for Windows