How to ensure a user taking the rise course completes the embedded quiz before moving ahead to the next component

Jul 24, 2017

I added a Quiz in one of my courses that I designed using Rise. I want to ensure that the users pass the test before moving to the next component. How can I do that?

I can restrict the users to watch all the components but unable to restrict them in passing the quiz in order to move forward.

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello Anu!

Restricted navigation will ensure your learners complete each lesson in order. When a learner completes a quiz (even without passing), they'll be able to advance to the next page or lesson. The results and score will still be passed to your LMS, even if the user failed.

Would it help to include a message after the quiz letting the learner know that they need to retake the quiz until they receive a passing score? Here's an example of what that could look like.

Anu Bector

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for your quick reply. Your suggestion will definitely help drawing more attention towards the quiz, its a great suggestion.

I think for this particular situation, we don't want the user to have the option to the move to the next level unless they pass that training module.

I really appreciate your help though. Any further insight/idea is more than welcome.

Thanks

Anu

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.