How to export a rise course to my own folder in AWS.

Nov 29, 2021

Hi I'm new to Rise. I'm using the free trial version. I've created a course. Can I download it and export it to my folder in the Amazon Web Services account I've created. In other words, is it possible to create a zip folder of the content that can be placed elsewhere on the Web. After the trial period, will the course be still available?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

5 Replies
Fiona Byrne

Hi Karl,

Thank you so much for getting back to me. Now the problem is, I created the course in my specific rise account that includes my name in the domain and it looks like you can only export from rise. articulate.com/author account. I found this very confusing. I thought I had to create the course in the version of rise with my name in the domain with Learn, Create Manage at the top. In order to export to Web output, I think I need to get the course back to rise.articulate.com/author  area. It looks like I may have to create a blank course in that area and copy and paste all the elements from the course I created (which is located in the version of rise with my name in the domain). It's seems like a strange setup having two areas for Rise courses, and two places where you can create courses but you can only export from the generic version of Rise. 

Is my understanding correct or is there an easier way of doing this?

Thanks again.

Fiona

Hazel Bartolome

Hi Fiona! It looks like you signed up for a Rise.com trial. This is a different product from Rise 360 (the authoring tool) which is part of the Articulate 360 suite.

All content you create in Rise.com will remain within the online training system. Rise is a complete online training system; you won't need an LMS to host or track your content. You can share the course for authoring or viewing with other users inside your team, but there isn’t a way to export your courses for another program, like AWS.  You would need to use Rise 360 if you need to export your course to web. You can download a free trial of Articulate 360 here.

Fiona Byrne

Thanks Karl and Hazel for your replies. I have an Articulate 360 trial version which gives me access to the full suite of Articulate software including Rise 360. When I launched Rise 360, i couldn't figure out how to start creating a course. I couldn't see the 'Learn Create Manage' options which I had come across in a Rise tutorial. I can't remember exactly what I did but I ended up in my specific Rise account with my name in the domain, which I think is like an LMS for Rise courses. It also allows you to create courses in the same way as the Rise 360 so I ended up creating the course there. But the problem is, I can't export to Web from it so I'm going to have to go back to Rise 360 and recreate the course again and export to Web this time. It's a bit tedious having to copy and paste all the elements from the LMS for Rise back into Rise360 but I don't think there's another way. Thank you both so much for your help.