How to hide Acceptable Responses in the Fill in the Blank Rise Block

Oct 04, 2019

Hi all

I'm trying to create a knowledge check using the Fill in the Blank Rise Block, and am having trouble hiding the acceptable answers. Is there a way to turn this off so learners can't see it? 

I have attached a screenshot of the block with an incorrect response and I want to hide the acceptable response section (highlighted in yellow).

Thanks

67 Replies
Diane Thomas

I need this feature as well. We would like our learners to keep answering a knowledge check question until they get it right. There is an option for the learner to try answering the question again, but the correct answer is shown at the same time. That doesn't make any sense. I see that folks have been asking for a solution to this issue now for a few years, and I see that it has been offered in the quiz settings but not in the knowledge check settings. Any updates?

Mollie McCormick

RISE is just going to stay a low entry point tool (of slides that you can click on) for people who do not want to properly execute quality instructional design if Articulate does not consider what is needed to actually engage and support learners and learning transfer. Engagement does not just come from things transitioning in and learners regurgitating an answer they just saw on the screen. It  "might" come if folks were forced to rethink their responses after being giving a hint or told they were wrong (particularly if they typed the answer). Throwing them the answer when they get it wrong just blows that.

This is just one of many features folks have asked for for years and the poor monitors here just have to toe the line of "we're listening and we're working on it." How about polling the community about the most commented on issues and letting us vote on what gets worked on and being transparent about it? The best companies thrive from learning from the people using their tools or telling them what they need.  

Mike Klimczak

Jose, it seems silly to so enthusiastically offer your feature request link when the very first comment on this thread was from a member of your staff acknowledging the feedback and assuring the poster they would pass on the feedback to the team.

Are four or more years and pages of comments on this and other threads about the same problem, I don't think this is a problem your team are not aware off. I think this is a problem your team are not willing to resolve.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for your honest feedback. I can confirm that the demand for this feature is already being tracked, but we don't have an exact date on when the request will make it to our product roadmap. For your reference, here's a quick look at how we manage feature requests. Since this ELH post has already been added to the feature request, we'll be sure to leave a message here when we have new updates to share.

John McDowell

Looking at your article on "how we manage feature requests," I see these two questions and would like to provide answers, as seemingly the interest from the community somehow isn't clear to your team yet. 

• Will this feature meaningfully improve the experience of working with our software? ABSOLUTELY! We want our learners to THINK instead of regurgitating an answer they just saw. We also want to use quizzes to track answers which do not conform to pre-filled data. 
  • Will it benefit a majority of users? If the majority of your users use quizzes, then DEFINITELY! It will affect everyone who uses Quizzes! 

4 years of posts and replies on the topics surrounding this issue and you're saying that they're merely "tracking demand"?!? The demand for this feature is CLEAR. Please move forward on bringing this change to development.