How to increase the font size of section titles in Rise ?

Mar 17, 2021

Hello Everyone,

When viewing the navigation pane of a course developed through Rise,
the section titles have a font size smaller than that of the lesson titles.

The section titles have a font size of 10px.
The lesson titles have a font size of 13px.

As a result, users can waste a lot of time scaning the navigation pane,
when they need to find sections, but their attention is diverted to lessons.

How to increase the font size of section titles in Rise ?

Thank you for your help,
XL

38 Replies
Xavier L

Hello Alyssa,

I think, that the navigation pane is an essential component of an e-learning system.
Trainees do need to scan the navigation pane frequently and efficiently.

This issue has been reported multiple times for 3 years at least :
• “ How to change the text font size and colour for section heading and lesson titles ”
• “ Section Titles & Structures ”

I think, that it would be neither long nor difficult for your R&D,
to at least increase the font size of section titles from 10px to 13px (or a bit more).

Is a correction planned in your current roadmap ?
Then could you please provide a release date ?

Thank you for your help,
XL

Rhonda Maus

Same for me. How can we create 508-compliant content if there are key items on the screen forced to be a 10pt font size? It makes no sense honestly. From a design perspective it does not flow.

Somebody mentioned above that this feature upgrade is not on the roadmap. This has to be one of the more universal complaints I hear from RISE content creators. Given you know that from all of us, will you please be responsive to your customers/end-users and put it on the roadmap? We would be eternally grateful. Thank you!

Micah Weedman

I'm confused by this; the lesson headings in the nav bar have the capability to zoom to 200%, and are larger than 9pt/12px--that keeps them withing WCAG suggestions, especially since they aren't body copy, at least as I understand it.  But maybe I'm wrong--in your understanding how are the lesson headings not compliant?