How to test quiz results are being sent back to LMS on Scorm cloud

Dec 05, 2022

hi, I am having issues creating a SCORM report (to capture detailed response to a quiz) on my LMS so I turned to testing in SCORM cloud.   My question is how do I test that the file is sending back detailed data to the LMS whilst in https://app.cloud.scorm.com/  I cant see where I can find this information, if anyone can help?

I used the Quiz Rise block, published the file to Scorm2004 4th edition and track by course completion.

5 Replies
Chino Navarro

Hi Claire.

Thanks for reaching out. I am here to help. Have you tried setting the course completion to Track using quiz result?

Here is a sample screenshot:

After taking the course in SCORM Cloud, you can see question-level data by clicking on the Reportage button.

Expand Individual Learners and click on the learner's name.

Expand Learner Transcript, then click on the course's name.

Expand Interactions, and you should now see the question-level data.

Nick Shelton

To add to Chino's comment - I only see the interaction level data if I use the invitation's button and take the course through a public invitation link (can be done on a free account).

From your course page, select Share > Invite

Invite in SCORM cloud

Use default setting (public invitation) and select Create Invitation.

Copy the invitation link into a new tab to test:

If I run through the course with the scorm cloud account I uploaded it with, I don't get interation data in my experience.

Cheers.

- Nick

Bret Weinraub

I just want to clarify what I read here.

Are you saying that when you launch the course via test track [AKA the SCORM Cloud course page], it doesn't track interactions, but if you send a public invitation it does?

100% it is the same course?   Well, if that is accurate, this is not the intended behavior of SCORM Cloud and I would say you'd want drop a line to Rustici support.

Never seen anything like that and I've run > 1M SCORM Cloud registrations.

Crystal Horn

Thanks for that note, Bret. I have the same experience - I still see my interaction data when testing on my own account in SCORM Cloud. I use both methods, launching from the test page and also launching from the invite link.

I'm sorry we missed your last question, Nick! You're seeing text strings like “urn:scormdriver” and “%20” because some LMS's (looking at you, SCORM Cloud!) aren't parsing the responses before presenting them. Instead, it's showing you the raw data from the course. For instance "%20" is the machine code for spaces between text.

We have a way to help if you're getting this data from your LMS environment. Just reach out to us by clicking here, and we'll work on next steps!