Hyperlink button closing LMS Window

Jan 18, 2023

I have the exact issue that Brooke South had in 2020. That conversation was closed by Brooke for some reason. Is there an answer to this?

Hyperlink

May 06, 2020

I have created a course in Rise 360 with hyperlink buttons.  When the hyperlinks are tried in preview, they open in a new window; however, when I Export to my LMS it completely closes my course and opens the link. When I close the link, I have to completely relaunch my course.  This will not work at all and I have contacted my LMS company and they say to contact my authoring tool company...So...here I am.  Please HELP!!

2 Replies
Kelly Auner

Hi Karen,

I see you opened a support case and worked through this issue with my teammate, Chester. If you run into any trouble, please let us know!

For anyone experiencing something similar, we determined this issue was related to the LMS, rather than the course itself. The best way to identify an LMS issue is to compare how your course behaves in a testing engine, such as SCORM Cloud.

• If your course doesn't work in SCORM Cloud, please open a support case so we can investigate what's going on.
  • If your course works at SCORM Cloud but not in your LMS, we suggest reaching out to your LMS provider for assistance.

I hope this helps!