If/Then situation functions in Rise

Feb 20, 2019

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to use or program If/Then functionality in Rise 360?

2 Replies
Ned Whiteley

Hi Alicia,

As far as I am aware, Rise does not provide the ability to program If/Then functionality. However, depending on what exactly you are trying to do, there are often ways to get round that.

For example, if you had a course where you wanted your users to read through the first part of a course and then, depending on their answer to a question, they could select any one of three different paths for the remainder of the course, this could be achieved using a Button Stack block.

The way to achieve that would be to have five lessons in your course. The first lesson would lead the user up to the point where the decision was needed. The next lesson, which they would automatically scroll straight into, would contain only the Button Stack which would have the three options. Each option would lead them to Lesson 3, 4 or 5, depending on which button they selected and these lessons would then contain the content you wanted them to see depending on the choice they had made. You could, if you wished, also add a Text block above the Button Stack if you wanted to include a question or scenario to prompt your users to select an option.

By having the Button Stack block in its own lesson, you then have the ability to return the user to the Button Stack from the end of the lesson they have just viewed. That way they would have the option to try one of the other paths if you wished them to do so. This would be achieved by using a Single Button block at the end of lessons 3, 4 and 5 that would jump the user back to Lesson 2.

Hope this helps.

Allison LaMotte

Hi Alicia,

Ned is right, there's no way to program if/then functionality inRise right now. Hopefully the workaround he provided is helpful in your situation. If not, would you be up for logging a feature request to tell us more about your specific needs?

In the meantime, if there’s anything else I can do to help, please let me know! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.